SmartHanzi for Mac was originally published only on Mac App Store.
However, in case of developer problem (COVID, etc.), the app would disappear shortly from Mac App Store (and from this website as well).
Below is a link for a more durable “SL” (Second Life) version:
- The SL version can be (re)installed at any moment on the same machine or another one.
- It receives updates in line with the Mac App Store version.
- Frequent users should prefer the durable (SL) version.
Note: the SL version can be installed on the same machine beside (besides) the Mac App Store version.
- User can choose Chinese font.
- Dictionaries updated.
- Bug fixes.
Due to the expiration of an Internet root certificate on September 30, 2021 users of El Capitan or Sierra versions of Mac OS should download version 2021.09.01 SL before end of September.
Updates are notified but there are no automatic updates.
- Download the SL application below.
- (Uncompress if not done)
- Move it from the download folder to the Applications folder.
- Save a backup copy.
Mac OS El Capitan (10.11) or newer.